What are absorbable tensor threads?
The absorbable threads are manufactured with the same components as the dissolvable sutures used by surgeons. They are therefore completely tolerated by the body.
Implemented at the doctor’s office, the threads are placed under the skin allowing moderately saggy skin at the neck and face to be tightened.
The absorbable threads dissolve in one year leaving an inconspicuous scar, which in turn permits the skin to remain tight for more than a year.
Indication for absorbable tensor threads
The tensor threads are designed for patients with the initial signs of skin relaxation of the neck and lower face.
For these patients it would be premature to perform a surgical facelift, but the introduction of absorbable tensor threads is a first step in skin rejuvenation. The fact that these threads totally dissolve will not hinder any future surgical facelift planned operation.
The application of absorbable tensor threads takes place at Doctor Laveaux’s clinic.
Before the session:
- Remove makeup.
- Avoid taking aspirin or other anticoagulants during the 10 days prior to the injections.
- A mild local anaesthesia is applied at the entry points of the threads, so that their placement is painless.
- One or several threads are placed on either side of the face depending on the condition/indication, without incisions and without scarring.
- Duration: 20-40 min.
After placing the threads:
- Immediate return to normal activities.
- Avoid excessive effort for 72 hours.
- Avoid facial massages.
- Avoid taking aspirin or other anticoagulants for the next 10 days.
- Initial results are visible immediately with definitive results occurring in about 15 days.
- Excess folds of skin may appear and will disappear either within a few hours or up to a few days.
- Slight swelling may or may not occur and if so will disappear after a few days. Makeup is allowed.
In all cases, the result is very satisfactory and natural. The procedure can be accompanied by other techniques of aesthetic medicine (injections of botox or hyaluronic acid, peeling, …).