Guidelines for the procedure
is to reduce the number of fat cells using suction tubes. Since the fat cells do not have the capacity to divide, the result is permanent. The remaining fat cells, however, have the ability to vary their volume in extreme weight change.
Several sites can be treated during the same operation, but the maximum amount of fat removed in one session should not exceed 5-10% of the overall weight of the patient to maintain the well-being of the body’s equilibrium.
Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity and should not lead to an unhealthy lifestyle. Either the procedure is performed under assisted local anesthesia (diazepine-induced analgesia) as an outpatient or, it is performed under general anesthesia with a hospital stay of 10 to 24 hours when the volume of fat removed is very high.
Gentle liposuction refers to a technique performed under local anesthesia using very fine suction tubes. The pressure used to suck the fat is gentle and is performed manually using syringes.
the procedure varies from 30 minutes to 3 hours depending on the number of areas treated and the amount of fat to be removed. Almost invisible scars (3-5 mm) are often hidden in the natural folds.
The quality of the overlying skin is an essential factor to evaluate. Good quality skin is skin that tightens perfectly in the weeks following liposuction. On the contrary, non-elastic skin with stretch-marks tightens badly and can form ripples. In the case of damaged skin, liposuction should be performed moderately and with caution, or be associated with a lifting.
Many areas can benefit from liposuction :
- the neck to correct a double chin (neck contouring) ;
- the face to improve facial contours ;
- the pectoral region in men
- the breasts : :
liposuction on the breast has the advantage of not causing scarring but this technique is primarily intended for breasts with little or no excess skin and excellent skin that will tighten around the new smaller volume. In practice , it is used in conjunction with other techniques or to address breast asymmetry of mild volume ;
- abdomen : :
during the examination the surgeon distinguishes the subcutaneous fat located in front of the abdominal muscles from the peri-visceral fat located behind the abdominal muscles. Only the subcutaneous fat can be sucked through liposuction. If the skin is loose, a tummy tuck can be given in addition to liposuction ;
- the back can be smoothed out and therefore some back folds and can disappear after liposuction ;
- the whole arm can be made thinner or the volume of the whole arm can be reduced. If there is significant excess skin, an additional arm lifting can be performed ;
- whole thighs can be slimmed down. If there is significant excess skin, an additional thigh lifting can be performed ;
- buttocks ;
- les calves ;
- hips and love handle reduction : the skin is very tolerant and retracts very well ;
- the trochanter or ” saddlebags “
- the insides of the knees ;
- ankles ;
- the pubis;.